Saturday, March 17, 2012

HP Laptop not loading BIOS screen stuck in HP logo black screen

It took more 10 hours to fix this issue for me. I have been searching for a solution in google and rather than finding a proper solution i found solutions which were threatning. Finally I got a solution for this issue.

HOW THIS HAPPENED

I have a HP pavilion dv5 laptop which i was using for more than 3 years. It was factory installed Windows Vista laptop and i was working fine with that for more than 3 years. Then i got an idea to update it to Windows7. I have been able to update it without any issue. But when i was using Windows7 for few hours, I found that my battery is shown as broken ( X mark in the battery indicator). Then tried to update the driver for battery but it didn't work for me. Then i tried to restore the Vista.But it gave me an error saying that some system registry settings are wrong or something related to that. After that, when started my laptop with power button, It stuck on the HP logo screen with a text field in the left bottom corner which mentioning press ESC for Startup options. something like that. I was almost stunned. I have tried several things mentioned in blogs.

HOW THIS FIXED.

I have downloaded the BIOS setup file from HP support site. Which was an exe file and I have extracted the content in that file using 7Zip. In the extracted folder, I found two files 3602F21.FD and 3603F21.FD. (These are for my pavilion dv5 1125em).
Then i copy those 2 files to my USB stick and then copied another 4 copies of those files. Now there are 6 files in USB. then renamed them  to 3602.BIN, 3603.BIN, 3602.WPH, 3603.WPH, 3602F21.BIN, 3603F21.BIN.

Then I disconnected power and removed Battery.
Insert USB drive in system, Hold Windows+B key, plugged the power and switched on the laptop. when usb drive is load and flashing I released the key combination. Then I heard single single beep sound (before checking time It was 2+1 beep and continous beep sound). After 2-3 minutes system shutdown automatically. Then I removed USB drive and power on the system. Now My system working perfectly.


This blog helped me to fix this issue and
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and/Computer-freeze-during-BIOS-update/td-p/225806

2 comments: